db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <tfisc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How do I control the join type of doSelectJoin?
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2008 23:03:23 GMT
> btw: I have newer understood the reason to use field joins at all.
Can anyone
> enlighten me on in which cases one would use a field join
> instead of a inner join?

Hm, in most databases (e.g. mysql, oracle, postgresql) the thing you call
"field join" is an inner join (just a different syntax) so you already got
what you wanted.

> The problem with field joins are that if you use more then one in a single
> query you get duplicate rows in your result,

This is not true in general. Could you give an example where this happens

As for the answer in the headline: Currently the two ways I can think of
to change the join type (e.g. to an outer join) is to duplicate the code
do doSelectJoin with another join type manually; or you can manipulate the
Torque templates.