db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Martin Tilsted <til...@daimi.au.dk>
Subject Re: Get type of fields in auto generated classse
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2008 14:32:54 GMT
Greg Monroe wrote:
> All record objects and table Peer objects will have a
> getTableMap() function.  You can use this to access all
> the schema information.  E.g.:
>
> rec.getTableMap().getColumn(fieldName).getType();

Think you, this work, but there is one small catch.
In the database I have a field called
name varchar(255) not nul,
And to get the class I use
BaseObject p;
Class myClass=p.getTableMap().getColumn("name").getType().getClass();

And this works fine. I get the class back. But if I want to use
p.getByName() to get the value of the field
I have to call with
p.getByName("Name");
That is: Give name with big N.

I don't know if this is a bug(I use torque 3.3 RC3) or a feature, but
it's rather confusing that the name of the column depend on where I call
from.

Martin Tilsted