db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Alvaro Coronel <alvarocorone...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Configure torque for struts
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:39:59 GMT
Sorry Ram, I thought you were having trouble making it work. So you are well on your way to
use Torque - contratulations!

I think you should move the init() call somewhere else, to an application wide initialization.

I am not that acquainted with struts.. I think you must move all the data manipulation (the
setxxx() and save() ) to another class that inherits from some Struts class (used to be an
"Action") and not use servlets.

But I digress - don't pay attention to me. You can get proper Struts help in a Struts mailing
list.

Best regards,
Álvaro.

Ram <rameshchinnu61@gmail.com> wrote: Well to be specific, I have configured the torque,
generated the sql schema
files and made it to run perfectly. I even tested using it inside  a main
class like this.

    {
    String path = "../crm/Torque.properties";

    Torque.init(path);
    Contacts contacts = new Contacts();
    contacts.setFirstname("Ramesh");
    contacts.setLastname("R");
    contacts.setMiddlename("n");
    contacts.save();
    }

But my purpose is to use it in struts. I am using it like this.

public ActionForward execute(ActionMapping mapping, ActionForm form,
        HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response)
        throws Exception
    {
    String path = "../crm/Torque.properties";

    Torque.init(path);
    Contacts contacts = new Contacts();
    contacts.setFirstname("xyz");
    contacts.setLastname("s");
    contacts.setMiddlename("n");
    contacts.save();
    request.setAttribute("Id", contacts.getPrimaryKey());
    return mapping.findForward("success");
    }
Please guide whether am on a right track.

--
cheers !!

ramesh r