db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Alexander Zimmer" <alexander.zim...@unycom.com>
Subject generated SQL criteria using date comparison does not work with MaxDB: {ts XXX} instead of {d XXX}
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2007 07:55:48 GMT
Hello list,

I'm using Torque 3.3 with SAP's MaxDB 7.5.

This is what I want to do:

-----------------------------------

  Criteria criteria = new Criteria();

  criteria.add(OrdersPeer.DELIVERY_DATE, cal.getTime(),
Criteria.LESS_EQUAL);

This should bring up all rows with a "DELIVERY DATE" of max. the date in
the calender object "cal". The column DELIVERY DATE ist DATE column (not
timestamp). Thus, it should be rendered as:

  SELECT DISTINCT ORDERS.ORDER_ID FROM ORDERS WHERE
ORDERS.DELIVERY_DATE<={d '2007-10-29'}

which would work fine.

The problem:

----------------

However, Torque generates this constraint (only difference is the use of
{ts XXX} instead of {d XXX}):

  SELECT DISTINCT ORDERS.ORDER_ID FROM ORDERS WHERE
ORDERS.TARGET_DELIVERY_DATE<={ts '2007-10-29 09:35:09.556'}

Unfortunately, this leaves me with an internal MaxDB error: move error.
Don't ask me why the error message is apparently unrelated to the
problem, I tried do execute this query in a MaxDB client and found that
if I change the constraint to a pure date-wise comparison (as shown
above) it would work.

Is this a known issue? I am not 100% sure if this in fact is a MaxDB
error? IMHO it should work with timestamps as well. Anyway, if Torque
would use date comparison ({d XXX} instead of {ts XXX}), it would work
too. How can I get this to work?

TIA,

Alex