db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Manaster, Carl" <Ca...@ACTIVX.com>
Subject RE: Left Join on multiple clauses
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 16:08:36 GMT
Hi, Jonathan,

As I see it, "joining" to a constant doesn't really make sense, although
it might work in some or all cases, might even be perfectly valid
syntactically.  I would move the CAMPAIGN_ID=16 test to the WHERE
clause.

Peace,
--Carl

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Jonathan Halland [mailto:jonathan@spiraleye.com]
	Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2007 9:04 AM
	To: torque-user@db.apache.org
	Subject: Left Join on multiple clauses

	Hi,

	I'm new to this list, but I've been struggling for quite a while
to get the following right.

	I need to do a left join on two clauses e.g.

	LEFT JOIN campaign_handled_objects on
accounts.ACCOUNT_ID=campaign_handled_objects.OBJECT_ID AND
campaign_handled_objects.CAMPAIGN_ID=16

	So far no such luck.

	Any Help would be immensely appreciated

	Regards