db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Greg Monroe" <Greg.Mon...@DukeCE.com>
Subject RE: Change JDBC to Java map
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2007 14:45:29 GMT
One quick solution comes to mind. If you don't need to use the
SQL generated by Torque, you can just define your NUMERIC(9) fields
as INTEGER or BIGINT in the XML.  This should generate get/set methods
that for long instead of BigDecimal. JDBC (or maybe Village) will
manage the conversion when it's stored in the database.

FWIW, it looks like the default for Oracle is to map INTEGER into
NUMBER(10,0).  If you want to change this mapping so that INTEGER
will generate NUMBER(9,0), you will need to modify / subclass the
PlatformOracleImpl class in the Generator code. Look at the
PlatformFactory.getClassnameFor(String) method for details on how
a "new" Platform implimentation can get used.

DukeCE Privacy Statement:
strictly prohibited.