db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Anas Mughal" <anasmug...@gmail.com>
Subject Null values in LOB column
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2007 18:25:31 GMT
I am trying to recommend using Torque (3.3RC2) for our project. We are going
to use it with Oracle 10g. The following statement on the Torque website
raised red flags by my team members:

For the drivers and later, the standard village library can be
used. However, village 2.0. has an issue concerning null values in lob
columns, so empty lobs still can not be read.

What does this really mean? Can we not read the entire record that has an
empty lob? Or, does Torque throw an error/exception? Is this problem fixed?

I see a post at
But, I unsure how credible that information is.

Please help answer this question. The team gave me towards the end of today
to prove that Torque would be a good fit for our enterprise project. I need
to build a POC to prove some functionality.

Thank you very much for your quick reply.
Anas Mughal