db-torque-user mailing list archives

From YannickR <Yannick.Rich...@matricis.com>
Subject Re: LargeSelect example ?
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2007 14:46:40 GMT

After a few days testing different scenarios, my guess is that TORQUE-84
needs to be completed and tested in order to fully support Limit/Offset in
SQL server 2005.

Without the patch, offset seems to be unsupported: I need to have PageSize *
MemoryPageLimit that cover total records, or some will be unread.

With the patch applied, using LargeSelect.getNextResultsAvailable() will
never end the reading process and some extra data will be read. I even tried
to calculate total pages from volume of records and use
LargeSelect.getPage(x), same thing...

For now, I will put that on ice since I have a lot of other tasks to do ;-)
I will keep an eye on this thread and on TORQUE-84 development progress.

Thanks to all for your precious help,

Regards,
Yannick