db-torque-user mailing list archives

From YannickR <Yannick.Rich...@matricis.com>
Subject RE: LargeSelect example ?
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2007 21:23:30 GMT

I checked out the current CVS head (without Torque-84 patch) and did some
tests in order to better explain what is happening. It seems that PageSize *
PageMemoryLimit need to cover the amount of records. For example if you have
8000 records to read and PageMemoryLimit is set to the default of 5,
PageSize would have a minimum value of 8000/5/2 = 800. If a value lower than
800 is used, some records won't be read... When you have a huge amount as
185 000 records to read, the limit will be memory : 185 000/5/2 = 18 500
minimum. That means 92 500 records in memory at one time...

To reproduce the situation, LargeSelect unit tests should not use PageSize
and PageMemoryLimit in order to fill Authors. By doing so, all records are
covered and the comportment that I just described won't be reproducible.
Anyway, is 9*9 records a "Large" Select test ?

As I already said, when I use Torque-84 patch,
LargeSelect.getNextResultsAvailable() will always return true, so reading in
an infinite loop ;-(

Could someone clarify, please ?