db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Halland" <jonat...@spiraleye.com>
Subject RE: Left Join on multiple clauses
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2007 13:57:48 GMT
My final aim for the query is to get the ones that do not join. I can used a
nested "not in" subselect, but it is just incredibly slow when doing the
select. Any suggestions on how else to do it?

Regards
Jonathan

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Fischer [mailto:fischer@seitenbau.net]
Sent: 18 October 2007 01:40 PM
To: Apache Torque Users List
Subject: RE: Left Join on multiple clauses

Torque can only create joins using one join statement per join; and the
join operator must be the "equals" operator. If you need something else,
you would have to assemble at least parts of the sql statement manually.

Having said that, I'm not sure whether the statement in your last mail is
correct, but I have not tested it. Make sure you have tested it.

As a last resort, you can always use two selects, one which gets the
records which do have an associated record in the joined table and one
which gets the others.

    Thomas