db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Bernhard Daubner" <bernhard.daub...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: O/R-Mapping with Torque 3.3-RC2 and Maven 2.0.7
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2007 08:45:14 GMT
Thank you for your response!

2007/9/27, Thomas Fischer <tfischer@apache.org>:
> On Wed, 26 Sep 2007, Bernhard Daubner wrote:
>
> > How do I tell maven that it has to look at several source folders? Do
> > I have to use the "Build Helper Maven Plugin"
> > (http://mojo.codehaus.org/build-helper-maven-plugin)?
>
> The torque plugin tells maven which additional paths to use; no need to
> worry about that. Just try mvn compile and see what it does (by the way,
> this also generates the om classes if you have configured the
> torque-maven-plugin's om goal in the pom)

This was the point. I have not configured the torque goals within the
pom, but executed the goals manually. With the goals configured the
computation of the classpath and also the eclipse-plugin worked.

> > And finally I wonder how the dataXmlFiles for the "torque:datasql"
> > goal has to be defined. Is there an example for such a file?
> >

> Again, the dataxml config parameters are described in
> http://db.apache.org/torque/releases/torque-3.3/maven2-plugin/plugin-info.html
> If that is not enough: A very complicated example is in the test project's
> pom:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/db/torque/test/trunk/test-project/pom.xml
>
> but it might help you to figure out which config parameters are needed.

Maybe I interpreted something in the wrong way. I thought the
torque:datasql plugin is intended to fill data items (i.e. table rows)
into the database tables and the data items would be defined within a
data.xml file. But it seems it would only create sql commands for the
table definitions. But what is then the difference between the
torque:sql goal and the torque:datasql goal?

Best regards
Bernhard