db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <tfisc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: O/R-Mapping with Torque 3.3-RC2 and Maven 2.0.7
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2007 06:41:31 GMT
On Wed, 26 Sep 2007, Bernhard Daubner wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I am trying to implement a simple database application using Torque as
> O/R-Mapper. I followed the instructions within the "Torque-Tutorial"
> (http://db.apache.org/torque/releases/torque-3.3/tutorial/index.html)
> and modified them to work with maven2.
>
> So far the torque-maven-plugin goals "torque:om", "torque:sql" and
> "torque:sqlExec" work as expected.
>
> But now I struggle with the compilation of the persistence classes.
> The java files are created within the folders
> - src/main/generated-java  and
> - target/generated-sources/torque ,
> while my application code resides in
> - src/main/java
>
> How do I tell maven that it has to look at several source folders? Do
> I have to use the "Build Helper Maven Plugin"
> (http://mojo.codehaus.org/build-helper-maven-plugin)?

The torque plugin tells maven which additional paths to use; no need to
worry about that. Just try mvn compile and see what it does (by the way,
this also generates the om classes if you have configured the
torque-maven-plugin's om goal in the pom)

> Has someone a complete pom.xml showing not only the configuration of
> the torque plugin but also the configuration of a project using
> Torque-O/R-Mapping? I looked at the sources of the
> torque-maven-plugin. But also within the unit tests there was no such
> example.

Its really simple, just add the torque plugin as a plugin and configure it
as described in
http://db.apache.org/torque/releases/torque-3.3/maven2-plugin/plugin-info.html
If you still have problems, re-write to the list, I have a simple example
at work.

> And what about Eclipse? Is there a way to automatically create the
> corresponding Eclipse .classpath file for the several source folders?
> I don`t believe that the eclipse plugin is able to do this job.

Believe it or not, but it works :-) Did you try it ?

> And finally I wonder how the dataXmlFiles for the "torque:datasql"
> goal has to be defined. Is there an example for such a file?

Again, the dataxml config parameters are described in
http://db.apache.org/torque/releases/torque-3.3/maven2-plugin/plugin-info.html
If that is not enough: A very complicated example is in the test project's
pom:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/db/torque/test/trunk/test-project/pom.xml

but it might help you to figure out which config parameters are needed.

     Thomas