db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Helge Weissig <hel...@grajagan.org>
Subject Criteria.addAsColumn and Criteria.add{Ascending,Descending}OrderByColumn not compatible?
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2007 17:58:15 GMT
Hi there,

	I found a message in the archives dated sometime in 2003 that
described the exact same problem I am having: if you add an alias for
a column with Criteria.addAsColumn(), you cannot use it as a
orderByColumn using Criteria.addAscendingOrderByColumn() or
Criteria.addDescendingOrderByColumn() because somewhere a
table_name.COLUMN_NAME format is enforced and a TorqueException is
thrown. FWIW, a fix/patch was also reported: http://mail-

Are there any plans of addressing this? If not, what is the process
of providing patches? Last not least, did anyone come up with a
different work-around? FWIW, we are using the 3.2 RC1 tagged code
from the svn repository.