db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Greg Monroe" <Greg.Mon...@DukeCE.com>
Subject RE: p6spy
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2007 17:49:08 GMT
During it's initialization, Torque (or the commons pooling
it uses) just sets up the JDBC driver with the standard call
like:

Class.classFor(<value of the db name connection.driver prop>)

And then creates connections using the DriverManager, eg.

DriverManager(<value of the db name connection.url property>)

I notice that you are using a URL with a mysql jdbc schema.
The DriverManager class does the matching of registered
drivers to schema.  Perhaps the real MySQL driver is being
registered first by another web application?  Does p6spy
have it's own schema you need to use with the JDBC URL to
ensure it's driver is the one used?

FWIW, I remember some people talking about using some sort
of tracking JDBC driver with Torque in the past.  It may
or may not have been p6spy.  You may want to look thru the
mailing list archives to see if there is an alternative.

DukeCE Privacy Statement:
strictly prohibited.