db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Neelima Yadla" <Neelima.Ya...@CBC-Companies.com>
Subject RE: doUpdate() problem in torque 3.2
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2007 18:51:20 GMT
I figured out the problem where it is happening. I have a question with
village, Is village is not support for editing primary key fields???
Oracle allows me to update a primary key field in a table but when I try
to update through my web screen torque (basically village) returns me
the error that it is a key field. How to provide a user to change the
primary key field also???

-----Original Message-----
From: Neelima Yadla
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2007 11:33 AM
To: Apache Torque Users List
Subject: doUpdate() problem in torque 3.2

I have upgraded torque from 3.0 to 3.2 and also tdk from 2.2 to 2.3, the
doUpdate() is always giving me error " ... is a key value cannot be
updated".

ValidOptionPeer.doUpdate(selectCriteria, criteria);

Where my criteria is as follows,

if ((validOptionName != null) && (validOptionName.length() > 0))

                    criteria.add(ValidOptionPeer.OPTION_NAME, (Object)
validOptionName, Criteria.LIKE);

                if ((validOptionDescription != null) &&
(validOptionDescription.length() > 0))

                    criteria.add(ValidOptionPeer.OPTION_DESCRIPTION,
(Object) validOptionDescription, Criteria.LIKE);

OPTION_NAME is the primary key in my table. As per torque document, we
have to give only set values in criteria but I didn't get how the above
is to be work in torque 3.0. If I remove the Option_name from
criteria.add it works fine but not getting any error message if user
tries to modify the option_name.

Also, how to handle multiple primary key fields in
doUpdate(selectCriteria, criteria);

I appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Neelima