db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Robert Kromkamp" <r.kromk...@pagelink.nl>
Subject RE: Joins and performance
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2007 14:28:39 GMT
Hi Greg,

Thanks for you reply! I've used views before within Torque. But in that
case I've problems with inserts/update statements. How do you handle
these?

Regards,
Robert

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Monroe [mailto:Greg.Monroe@DukeCE.com]
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2007 4:15 PM
To: Apache Torque Users List
Subject: RE: Joins and performance

If this is a frequent/heavily used query, another way to deal with this
is to create a view and a matching Torque object.  There is a table
option that suppresses the SQL generation.  You can then just use the
Peer/Record object as like it was a normal table.

Note you may want to pay close attention to the indices requirements of
the underlying table.  If commonly used columns in a large join are not
index, it can be a BIG performance hit.

Duke CE Privacy Statement
Please be advised that this e-mail and any files transmitted with it are
confidential communication or may otherwise be privileged or
confidential and are intended solely for the individual or entity to
whom they are addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient you may
not rely on the contents of this email or any attachments, and we ask
that you  please not read, copy or retransmit this communication, but
reply to the sender and destroy the email, its contents, and all copies
thereof immediately.  Any unauthorized dissemination, distribution or