db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Vitzethum, Daniel" <Daniel.Vitzet...@gigatronik.com>
Subject AW: Joins and performance
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2007 07:23:45 GMT
Hello Robert,

> That's exactly what I was looking for!!!!
> Thanks for your reply! This is very usefull.
> I found the discussion about the class you mentioned below. It's in:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/torque-user@db.apache.org/msg03571.html

right! Was it really over two years ago...? Time flies...

> But I've the feeling this could be an old version casue still
> Peer.doSelect is used instead of Peer.doSelectVillageRecords(). Is
> this correct?

I don't get that point. To perform the select itself, BasePeer.doSelect
is used with the complete join query. JoinHelper itself was designed and
is tested solely with Torque 3.1 and Oracle. I have no idea if problems
will occur with newer Torque versions.

> Can you tell me where to find the newest version or perhaps could you
send it to me?

I will send my newest copy of JoinHelper to you by PM.

> In some cases I use LargeSelect (with paging). Do have a same kind of
> solution for handle such kind of queries?

I'm sorry but I can't help you in that case.

HTH,

Daniel