db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Greg Monroe" <Greg.Mon...@DukeCE.com>
Subject RE: encrypt database user info in the Torque.properties?
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 23:36:54 GMT
There is no built in support for this.

However, if you need that level of security, you can
use the Torque.init(Configuration conf) method to initialize
Torque with a "decrypted" version of your encrypted
config file.

E.g., make an "EncryptProperties" class that takes a
plain text config file can encrypts the whole thing.

Then create a matching DecryptReader class that can
be used to load a PropertiesConfiguration class.  E.g.,

if ( ! Torque.isInit() ) {
  DecryptReader dReader = new DecryptReader(keys, encryptedFile);
  PropertiesConfiguration conf = new PropertiesConfiguration();
  conf.load(dReader);
  Torque.init(conf);
}

Of course, if people have access to your compiled classes
they can probably decompile them and find your key values and
encryption methods...

Duke CE Privacy Statement