db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Eduardo Kinto" <eaki...@buscape-inc.com>
Subject Could not retrieve connection info from pool
Date Wed, 02 May 2007 11:09:01 GMT
Hello,

I'm using Torque to connect to my MSSql and MySQL Server database.

Everything is working fine, just one problem, some times Database connection
fail and don't come back (both, mysql and mssql) by it self and I have to restart my webserver
(where it is running my application).

Running the command netstat, I can't see any connnection to database server.

I'm using:
- torque-3.2.jar
- apache tomcat 5.5.12
- java jdk 1.5.0_06
- RedHat Linux Enterprise 4

And the folowing torque setup for mysql:

torque.dsfactory.APP.factory = org.apache.torque.dsfactory.SharedPoolDataSourceFactory
torque.dsfactory.APP.connection.driver = com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
torque.dsfactory.APP.connection.url = jdbc:mysql://IP:PORT/APP?autoReconnect=true
torque.dsfactory.APP.connection.user = yyy
torque.dsfactory.APP.connection.password = xxx
torque.dsfactory.APP.pool.defaultTransactionIsolation=1
torque.dsfactory.APP.pool.maxWait=600000
torque.dsfactory.APP.pool.maxActive=32
torque.dsfactory.APP.pool.maxIdle=32
torque.dsfactory.APP.pool.testOnBorrow=true
torque.dsfactory.APP.pool.validationQuery=SELECT 1

And for MSSqlServer:
torque.dsfactory.APP2.factory = org.apache.torque.dsfactory.SharedPoolDataSourceFactory
torque.dsfactory.APP2.connection.driver = net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver
torque.dsfactory.APP2.connection.url = jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://IP:1433/DATABASE
.. similary to mysql ...

The ERROR message:
org.apache.torque.TorqueException: org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Could not retrieve
connection info from pool
        at org.apache.torque.TorqueInstance.getConnection(TorqueInstance.java:825)
        at org.apache.torque.Torque.getConnection(Torque.java:272)
        at org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.doPSSelect(BasePeer.java:1478)
Caused by: org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Could not retrieve connection info
from pool
        at org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.SharedPoolDataSource.getPooledConnectionAndInfo(SharedPoolDataSource.java:169)
        at org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.InstanceKeyDataSource.getConnection(InstanceKeyDataSource.java:631)
        at org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.InstanceKeyDataSource.getConnection(InstanceKeyDataSource.java:615)
        at org.apache.torque.TorqueInstance.getConnection(TorqueInstance.java:821)
        ... 11 more
        at org.apache.commons.collections.SequencedHashMap.removeEntry(SequencedHashMap.java:215)
        at org.apache.commons.collections.SequencedHashMap.removeImpl(SequencedHashMap.java:473)
        at org.apache.commons.collections.SequencedHashMap.remove(SequencedHashMap.java:460)
        at org.apache.commons.collections.LRUMap.get(LRUMap.java:93)
        at org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.SharedPoolDataSource.getUserPassKey(SharedPoolDataSource.java:176)
        at org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.SharedPoolDataSource.getPooledConnectionAndInfo(SharedPoolDataSource.java:165)
        ... 14 more

Restarting my webserver everything is working fine again. Can't torque re-establish a valid
connection to the database by
it self ?

I have an heavy activity on my MSSql database, sometime I get the following error message:
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: I/O Error: Connection reset
        at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.executeSQL(TdsCore.java:797)
        at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsStatement.executeSQL(JtdsStatement.java:332)
        at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsStatement.executeUpdate(JtdsStatement.java:723)
        at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsStatement.executeUpdate(JtdsStatement.java:652)
        at org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.executeStatement(BasePeer.java:1294)
        ... 6 more

Does the error "Connection reset" is telling me I'm losting one connection from the pool and
after losing all
connection I get "Could not retrieve connection info from pool" ? If so, do I have to create
a new connection and
set it on the pool ?

Thank you,

Eduardo.