db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Luca Ciocci <l.cio...@askweb.it>
Subject Re: Criteria to insert into from select?
Date Mon, 07 May 2007 06:48:28 GMT
I don't think that:

   INSERT INTO table (...) SELECT ... FROM anotherTable WHERE...

is SQL Standard, but it  works with a lot of database: MySQL, Oracle,
Sybase, ecc.. I don't think it works in Microsoft Access.
Sometimes that kind of instruction is very useful to populate new table.

Luca.

Il giorno sab, 05/05/2007 alle 04.01 -0700, Thomas Fischer ha scritto:
> Sorry, Torque does not support this (yet? Paches appreciated). Do you know
> whether it is standard SQL ? I know it works with mysql, but i have no
> idea about other databases.
>
>      Thomas
>
> On Wed, 18 Apr 2007, Brendan Miller wrote:
>

> > Here's another Criteria question.  Is it possible to express
> >
> >    INSERT INTO table (...) SELECT ... FROM anotherTable WHERE...
> >
> > using Criteria and doInsert()?
> >
> > (I don't think so--I fully expect a "Torque is an OM mapper, and you're
> > not doing any mapping there" response.)
> >
> > Brendan

ASK Web Division
Ing. Luca Ciocci