db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Thoralf Rickert" <thoralf.rick...@cadooz.de>
Subject AW: torque vs hibernate
Date Sat, 07 Apr 2007 07:00:24 GMT
> This seems to come up every year or so :-) . Comments below.

:)

>> 3)Torque does not contain built-in help for version checking. As a
>> result, this feature will require a custom implementation for future
>> enhancements.
>
> I do not understand what that means. Could you explain what they mean
by
> "version checkin"? An example would be great.

I think they mean something like update verification. If you select a
row into an object and save this object the mapper should/could verify
if the row in the database hasn't change. You could use a
"last-modification"-timestamp field or a counter-field, that is set in
every successful UPDATE execution (trigger). I'm not sure if Hibernate
has "build-in-support" for this, but it's easy to implement in Torque.

bye
T.