db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "jill han" <j...@bynum.com>
Subject torque vs hibernate
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2007 19:42:52 GMT
Recently, a consulting firm evaluated our current
turbine/torque/velocity application.
Here are what they say about Torque,
1)Torque forces the definition of one-to-one mapping from relational
model to business model. One-to-one mapping limits the design of
business domain objects to the design of the database relational model.

2)The Torque O/R mapping framework prepares dynamic SQL statements for
data access. This form of data access is slower than directly calling
stored
procedures in a relationship database like Oracle.

3)Torque does not contain built-in help for version checking. As a
result, this feature will require a custom implementation for future
enhancements.

4)Hibernate gives more flexibility in mapping relations, especially in
mapping many-to-many relations. The ability to map many-to-many
relationships helps the design of the business entities better
represent the business domain. We recommend the implementation of
Hibernate.

I really don't know how to defend torque in the perspectives of
architecture, design, and etc.
Please help.
Thanks a lot.