db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Greg Monroe" <Greg.Mon...@DukeCE.com>
Subject RE: Torque is very slow to do a .copy of an object :( Why?
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2007 15:10:19 GMT
I remember there was a discussion a while back on the deep
copy stuff.  I recall that the underlying logic for making
this the default was related to a copied object not being
a "true" copy (as defined by the Java specs?) unless the
associated complex objects were copied. But my memory's
prone to parity errors occationally...

Anyway, if you don't care about a copy being exact to
the level of the related objects, you can use:

newRecord = record.copy(false);

This will do a simpler and faster copy.  If you use the
copy to get related objects, only then will the cache
be refilled.

If you're code is slowing down with more data, turning
on logging for Torque is a good idea.  The logs will have a
short version of all queries done and the time it took.  This
can let you quickly find the expensive queries that you need
to look at.  Generally, this means that you probably need
to add an index or two on the where clause values.

Duke CE Privacy Statement