db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Hidde Boonstra [Us Media]" <hidde.boons...@usmedia.nl>
Subject Re: Torque is very slow to do a .copy of an object :( Why?
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2007 14:42:59 GMT
Hi,

sorry, but I think that's what I mean:-) So if you have object1 and
object2 which references to object1 and you do a copy on object1 it will
also copy and add all object2 instances that refer to object1. It looks
like this is recursive, because objects that refer to object2 will
probably be copied as well...

Hope this helps to explain your slowdown,

Hidde.

philipina wrote:
> Hi,
>
> One other object has a reference to the object I want to copy but the object
> I want to copy has no reference (foreign key) to any other object.
>
> Alain
>

> Hidde Boonstra [Us Media]-2 wrote:
>> Hi Alain,
>>
>> does your object have many relations (foreign key constraints)? I just
>> looked into the copy method and I see it does a deep copy, so if you
>> have many relations, or many related entries in your database, these
>> will all be copied into your copy. This might explain why it gets slower
>> when there is more data...
>>
>> Greetz,
>>
>> Hidde.
>>
>> philipina wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> I'm using torque to connect to my Mysql database.
>>> I'm trying to improve performence of my application and I saw that torque
>>> is
>>> taking more than 600 ms to execute a command like:
>>> Object1 myCopiedObject1 = myObject1.copy();
>>>
>>> Torque is only slow if I have a lots of data in my DB. I cannot
>>> understand
>>> this! a copy should only do the work in memory and not access the DB.
>>>
>>> Why is it soo slow? Any idea to speed-up this copy?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>>
>>> Alain
>> --
>> Us Media B.V.