db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Michael Manske <netsee...@manskes.de>
Subject Re: Torque and SQL Injection
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2007 12:41:30 GMT
Hi Daniel,

afaik it is neither the job of a ORM-tool nor is it possible at all to secure such a layer
against
SQL-injection. Torque does explicitly allow the usage of custom SQL. Hence some kind of SQL-injection
is a real feature (in terms of extensibility and flexibility) in an ORM-tool and not really
a vulnerability.
I think the caller respectively the used DAO-Layer has to do the job to prevent unwanted SQL-injection.

So to answer your question: It is known that is it possible to do SQL-injection with Torque.
The used
Criteria-Class does not contain any logic to check for additional (injected) SQL-statements.
And to be honest: I'm happy with that, because if it is really neccessary, we can do a lot
of "sql-tricks" with Torque
without switching to raw SQL completely :-)

cheers
Michael