db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Hidde Boonstra [Us Media]" <hi...@usmedia.nl>
Subject Re: "inherence" accross 2 differents schemas / reuse some objects from one schema by another one
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2007 12:08:06 GMT
Hi Thomas,

the generator probably won't like references to unknown tables, but
maybe you could include the schema containing the referred tables? For
example:

<external-schema filename="other-schema.xml" />

With kind regards,

Hidde.

thomas.ung@freesbee.fr wrote:
> Hi Wieger,
>
> I did not thought about solution C lol. Well the fact having "dependencies" from schema
B to A is because the webapp B has some other tables having relationship with it, let's say,
the A.om.Country

> The om generator will stop if you specify a foreign key that cannot be found in the same
schema? right? That's the reason why I specify the same table B.om.Country but only with the
primary key and the properties baseClass="A.om.Country" basePeer="A.om.CountryPeer"
>  skipSql="true"
>
> The fonctionnal reason having webapps pointing to the same db is that they share a small
amounth of data such user authentication .. They are modules having different features. We
want them completly independant.

--
Hidde Boonstra
Us Media B.V.