db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Frank Nguyen <franktngu...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Schema migration tool
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2007 15:17:30 GMT
That would be nice.

  I've just gone thru a major upgrade/migration that has new tables, new cols, modifiled cols,
and it was headache. I thought I could backup mysql (backup from mysql admin ), then run new
schema.sql, then restore the data. However, the backup insertion script assumes the cols unchanged.
Not sure about torque's data export. I ended up running the diff b/w the new and old schema
and writing a sql script to modify the database which is a pain.

  -Frank

Raphaël Piéroni <raphaelpieroni@gmail.com> wrote:
  Hi,

Is there a tool which creates an sql of database migration
taking : an url of the current database schema and the modified schema.xmlfile ?

It would be usefull to create one for torque 3.1.1 (the one i use) and mysql
(the db i use)
It would also be usefull to have such a tool usable on maven1 (the one i use
at work)

Thanks in advance for any answer.

Raphaël