db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject Re: no DataSourceFactory configured
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 09:23:42 GMT
I'd assume you have a new Torque version at compile time but the new
3.3-RC1 torque version at compile time. Make sure you use the same Torque
version at compile time and run time.
I'm glad the connection issue is solved. I have created an issue about
displaying a more interpretable error message if getConnection() is called
and Torque is not initialized, but I'm not sure whether it will make it
into Torque 3.3

    Thomas

"Pierre-Alain Branger" <pbranger@ccg.unam.mx> schrieb am 24.01.2007
01:02:31:

> Hi again,
>
> Reading one more time Thomas mail I realize that I had not initialize
> Torque with Torque.init("torque.properties"); command.
>
> So I added this line and it seems that the connection is enabled but
right
> now I have a new error that I could not solve. Here is the trace:

> org.apache.torque.map.TableMap.setJavaName(Ljava/lang/String;)V
>         at
> mx.unam.ccg.BddPortal.map.ApplicationMapBuilder.
> doBuild(ApplicationMapBuilder.java:70)
>         at
org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.getMapBuilder(BasePeer.java:1970)
>         at
> mx.unam.ccg.BddPortal.BaseApplicationPeer.
> <clinit>(BaseApplicationPeer.java:86)
>         at
> mx.unam.ccg.BddPortal.BaseApplication.<clinit>(BaseApplication.java:45)
>         at testbddportalccg.Main.main(Main.java:44)
> Java Result: 1
>
> Thanks for your time,
>
> Pierre
>
> > Ok, I presume you are using the Torque sample code, so you call
> > Torque.init() with the correct properties file first thing in the
> > application, as Guy remarked.
> > Maybe it's time to step back and try whether you can access the
database
> > using plain jdbc. You would use the code
> >
> > Class.forName("org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver");
> > java.sql.Connection connection =
> > java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(databaseUrl, user, password);
> >
> > and see whether you can connect to the database. If not, the exception
> > stack trace may give you a reason what is going wrong.
> >
> >    Thomas
> >
> > "Pierre-Alain Branger" <pbranger@ccg.unam.mx> schrieb am 23.01.2007
> > 00:04:55:
> >
> >> Hi Thomas,
> >>
> >> I am using a correct db user name and password in my torque.properties
> > and
> >> build.properties files but I don't show it in the mail.
> >>
> >> Any other idea?
> >>
> >> Pierre

> > far
> >> is
> > no

Net

> >> configuration
> > connections
> >> user

Possible

and
the
> >> java
> > obtain

> > org.apache.torque.TorqueInstance.getConnection(TorqueInstance.java:711)
org.apache.torque.Torque.getConnection(Torque.java:268)

> > org.apache.torque.util.Transaction.beginOptional(Transaction.java:80)

mx.unam.ccg.BddPortal.BaseApplication.save(BaseApplication.java:361)

mx.unam.ccg.BddPortal.BaseApplication.save(BaseApplication.java:343)