db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Greg Monroe" <Greg.Mon...@DukeCE.com>
Subject RE: Is SQL Server 2005 supported in Torque?
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2007 23:20:49 GMT
What Thomas meant by extensions is that there has been a
lot of changes to Torque relating to MS SQL over the last
year or so.

The newest version has been tested against MS SQL 2000 (and
MS SQL V7) but not specifically against MS SQL 2005.  Mainly
because none of the developers has easy access to it. (I.e.,
I didn't DL the developer edition and install it somewhere.
;) )

But AFAIK, there are no major changes in MS SQL that would
prevent Torque from working with it. Unless it's because MS
has done a major split with the SQL standards, we'll try to
fix any problems reported.

So the answer to the "Is it supported?" question is a
qualified yes.

That said, here's some thoughts:

Unless you REALLY need to use MS's JDBC driver, I'd suggest
using the jTDS JDBC driver (http://jtds.sourceforge.net/).
This is what we test with and it is known to be fully
JDBC 4.0 compliant and well used in lots of production
situations (we use it here).  See the MS SQL Database HOW
TO for syntax, etc.

If you're updating from a Torque from before 3.1, there
have been a lot of changes in the Torque property settings,
both for the generation and runtime.  You will probably
need to look closely at your old properties file to make
sure you are using the same settings.

Good luck and feel free to ask questions here.

Duke CE Privacy Statement