db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Bill Tomlinson" <wstom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is SQL Server 2005 supported in Torque?
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2007 21:39:37 GMT
On 1/19/07, Thomas Vandahl <tv@apache.org> wrote:
> >> But it does sound like SQL server 2005 is not an officially supported
> >> DB for the project.
>
> Well, you did not even say which Torque version you use. 3.3 contains
> some MS specific extensions...

I apologize for being obtuse, but I don't understand what "contains
some MS specific extensions..." exactly means?

Is SQL server 2005 supported in the latest release (3.3) or not? If
someone involved in the project says "yes" then I'll dig in there and
do whatever work I need to do to make it work.

I'm just asking because a) 2005 is not mentioned explicitly on any
Torque page I could find (and 2000 is) and b) the hard coding of
driver names in DBFactory suggests that some drivers are supported and
some aren't.