db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Bill Tomlinson" <wstom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is SQL Server 2005 supported in Torque?
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2007 21:02:45 GMT
On 1/19/07, Will Glass-Husain <wglass@forio.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just moved a torque app (v 3.0) from MySQL to SQL Server 2005 this
> week.  (I'd previously also run this with SQL Server 2000, so I had a
> little experience).  Some notes...

Thanks a lot for your reply. So I guess it can be done with some work.

But it does sound like SQL server 2005 is not an officially supported
DB for the project.

And I'm still confused about the driver issue. The new MS jdbc driver
is not listed in DBFactory, right? see:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/db/torque/runtime/trunk/src/java/org/apache/torque/adapter/DBFactory.java?view=markup

The old driver is in there
(com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver)

But the new driver isn't
(com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver)

Did you have to patch DBFactory? Or am I misreading the code.