db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is SQL Server 2005 supported in Torque?
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2007 21:24:28 GMT
Will Glass-Husain wrote:
> I'm a little surprised the JDBC driver class is hard coded in torque.
> (I'm not really a Torque maven).  Can some one else comment?  Is
> setting the adapter a substitute for Torque auto-recognizing the
> driver class?

This is not the recommended method to configure Torque although setting
a driver Torque knows about is indeed a possible way to select a
database adapter. However you can add any driver you want and even roll
your own adapter if you like/must.

>> But it does sound like SQL server 2005 is not an officially supported
>> DB for the project.

Well, you did not even say which Torque version you use. 3.3 contains
some MS specific extensions...

Bye, Thomas.