db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Eustache <eustache.fel...@idilia.com>
Subject exception thrown because DB connection not correctly reinited after db server restart
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2007 16:30:53 GMT
Hi, I wonder if you can help with the following problem:
I use Tomcat 5.5, postgresql 8.3.1 and Torque.
I first use the webapp using torque everything is ok. I close the app, a
db connection is still there.
Now I reboot db. Try to relaunch the webapp and has this exception in
catalina.out:

DEBUG org.apache.torque.util.SQLBuilder - SELECT
app_category.CATEGORY_ID, app_category.NAME FROM app_category WHERE
app_category.CATEGORY_ID=1028
org.apache.torque.TorqueException: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: An
I/O error occured while sending to the backend.

[torque.properties]
torque.database.default=web_test_suite
torque.database.web_test_suite.adapter = postgresql
torque.dsfactory.web_test_suite.factory =
org.apache.torque.dsfactory.SharedPoolDataSourceFactory
torque.dsfactory.web_test_suite.connection.driver = org.postgresql.Driver
torque.dsfactory.web_test_suite.connection.url =
jdbc:postgresql://myserver/mydb
torque.dsfactory.web_test_suite.connection.user = myuser
torque.dsfactory.web_test_suite.connection.password =

It seems that torque is not able to get a proper db connection after the
db server is restarted
Any clue ?