db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Will Glass-Husain" <wgl...@forio.com>
Subject Re: Is SQL Server 2005 supported in Torque?
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2007 21:08:25 GMT
Bill,

Actually, despite my long email, it wasn't really difficult.  I just
needed to use the right JDBC driver, JDBC url, and driver class name.
The other issues had to do with auto-generating the SQL schema.

I did not patch DBFactory.  Didn't occur to me. I set the adapter
property to "mssql" and it just worked.

I'm a little surprised the JDBC driver class is hard coded in torque.
(I'm not really a Torque maven).  Can some one else comment?  Is
setting the adapter a substitute for Torque auto-recognizing the
driver class?

WILL

On 1/19/07, Bill Tomlinson <wstomlin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/19/07, Will Glass-Husain <wglass@forio.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just moved a torque app (v 3.0) from MySQL to SQL Server 2005 this
> > week.  (I'd previously also run this with SQL Server 2000, so I had a
> > little experience).  Some notes...
>
> Thanks a lot for your reply. So I guess it can be done with some work.
>
> But it does sound like SQL server 2005 is not an officially supported
> DB for the project.
>
> And I'm still confused about the driver issue. The new MS jdbc driver
> is not listed in DBFactory, right? see:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/db/torque/runtime/trunk/src/java/org/apache/torque/adapter/DBFactory.java?view=markup
>
> The old driver is in there
> (com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver)
>
> But the new driver isn't
> (com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver)
>
> Did you have to patch DBFactory? Or am I misreading the code.

Forio Business Simulations

Will Glass-Husain
wglass@forio.com
www.forio.com