db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Shilpa Kulkarni <shilpakulka...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: AW: Setting foreign key column as null
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2007 22:33:31 GMT
Hi. Thanks for your help.

Defining javaType as object for a column name seemed like the best solution. However the generated
classes do not compile.

The setParentAssetId method now takes a 'Long'  instead of 'long' which will help me set it
to null. However some methods in the generated bean & data class still pass a long to
setParentAssetId method ( eg. setParentAssetId(0); ) & it does not compile. I am using
torque-3.2.

Any suggestions?

Shilpa

----- Original Message ----
From: Greg Monroe <Greg.Monroe@DukeCE.com>
To: Apache Torque Users List <torque-user@db.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 9, 2007 1:56:18 PM
Subject: RE: AW: Setting foreign key column as null

The schema column tag has a javaType attribute that can
be used to specify a single column is to be treated as
an object rather than a primative.  E.g.:

<column name="xxx" javaType="object" .... />

FWIW, some DB server are very strict about foreign key
constraints.  So, your DB server may not let you set
the FK column to NULL.

Duke CE Privacy Statement