db-torque-user mailing list archives

From adam.s.allga...@exxonmobil.com
Subject Re: AW: duplicate ID exception in cluster
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 15:46:33 GMT
Have you tried increasing the number of the cached ids?  I believe 10 is
the default.

Adam

             "Thoralf
             Rickert"
             <thoralf.ricke                                             To
             rt@cadooz.de>            "Apache Torque Users List"
                                      <torque-user@db.apache.org>
                                                                        cc
             12/05/06 09:33
                                      AW: duplicate ID exception in
                                      cluster
             Please respond
             "Apache Torque
              Users List"
             <torque-user@d
             b.apache.org>

Hi!

> I just set up a new 2 server cluster with two instances of
> Tomcat both reading/writing from a single database.  I'm
> using Torque 3.0, the default ID Broker and MySQL 5. (InnoDB)

It's not the answer for your question, but why do you use ID Broker with
MySQL? It has integrated auto incremention.

> My problem... Under heavy load, I notice that most write
> requests on one of the servers fails with a duplicate ID
> error.  Typically, each page request that fails does 10-20
> insert statements.
>
> Any tips as to how I might make this cluster work with
> simultaneous writes?

It sounds like one of your servers needs to much time between ID
generation and saving. Is the whole insert operation in a transaction or
can you do this?

T.