db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Damien Corbishley" <Damien.Corbish...@intervoice.com>
Subject RE: duplicate ID exception in cluster
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 15:09:20 GMT
I would let the database generate the unique ID's. That's one of the
things they are good at.

-----Original Message-----
From: wglasshusain@gmail.com [mailto:wglasshusain@gmail.com] On Behalf
Of Will Glass-Husain
Sent: 05 December 2006 15:05
To: torque-user@db.apache.org
Subject: duplicate ID exception in cluster

Hi,

I just set up a new 2 server cluster with two instances of Tomcat both
reading/writing from a single database.  I'm using Torque 3.0, the
default ID Broker and MySQL 5. (InnoDB)

My problem... Under heavy load, I notice that most write requests on one
of the servers fails with a duplicate ID error.  Typically, each page
request that fails does 10-20 insert statements.

Any tips as to how I might make this cluster work with simultaneous
writes?

WILL

This e-mail transmission may contain information that is proprietary, privileged and/or confidential
and is intended exclusively for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. Any use, copying, retention
or disclosure by any person other than the intended recipient or the intended recipient's
designees is strictly prohibited. If you are the intended recipient, you must treat the information
in confidence and in accordance with all laws related to the privacy and confidentiality of
such information.  If you are not the intended recipient or their designee, please notify
the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies of this email, including all
attachments.