db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Greg Monroe" <Greg.Mon...@DukeCE.com>
Subject RE: MapBuilder failed trying to instantiate
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 16:16:01 GMT
First the obvious... make sure your build/jar process
includes ALL the Torque generated files and packages.
The class mentioned in the error is a generated one.

Depending on your build settings, there will be two or more
subpackages created by default below the torque
targetPackage you specified.  There is also a MapBuilder
related org.apache.torque.linkage package generated that
is used if you need to manually initialize all your
schema's map info.

Some other posiblities:

Did you manually defined any of the subpackages in your
build properties?  Depending on the Torque version, there
are some known issues with trying to set a lot of these.

Also, Tomcat impliments strict class loader security. I.e.,
if a class is loaded at the lib/shared level, it may not
"see" classes in the WEB-INF/lib directory.  This is to
keep webapps from getting unauthorized access to system
level functions.  This is especially tight for the
Class.forName type of calls that the MapBuilder code uses.

Anyway, the way to solve this is to make sure your OM
classes are at the same "level" (e.g. lib/shared or
WEB-INF/lib) as the Torque runtime jars.

One minor design consideration here is that if you put
all your OM files at the webapp level, you will have a
connection pool for each webapp vs a single connection
pool if you keep you OM level stuff at the commons/shared
level.  There are advantages and disadvantages to both ways.

Duke CE Privacy Statement