db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Will Glass-Husain" <wgl...@forio.com>
Subject Re: duplicate ID exception in cluster
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 18:47:04 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for the note.  Ok, I'll set defaultIdMethod="native" which
should handle it.

However, It surprises me that the IDBroker doesn't work in a cluster
environment.  The error message  for non-transaction safe database
says "don't use Torque with a non-transaction database with multiple
JVM's".  I've always assumed that meant if I used a transaction-safe
database multiple JVM's would be ok.

Incidentally, it turns out that error was in a block of code using the
IDBroker to get Id's and then doing my own bulk insert queries (for
faster performance).  I was getting one id at a time.  I'm suspecting
if I raise the number of cached id's then got 20 at a time from the
IDBroker there'd be less chance of a race condition.

Best, WILL

On 12/5/06, Damien Corbishley <Damien.Corbishley@intervoice.com> wrote:
> I would let the database generate the unique ID's. That's one of the
> things they are good at.

confidential and is intended exclusively for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. Any use,
copying, retention or disclosure by any person other than the intended recipient or the intended
recipient's designees is strictly prohibited. If you are the intended recipient, you must
treat the information in confidence and in accordance with all laws related to the privacy
and confidentiality of such information.  If you are not the intended recipient or their designee,
please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies of this email,
including all attachments.

Forio Business Simulations

Will Glass-Husain
wglass@forio.com