db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Federico Fissore <federico.fiss...@concept.it>
Subject Re: Data Auditing
Date Fri, 15 Dec 2006 17:57:38 GMT
Il giorno ven, 15/12/2006 alle 20.00 +0530, Parthasarathy T ha scritto:

> I have a requirement to create audit history (in an audit table for every
> actual table in the db) when data gets updated. I do not want to write
> triggers in the db as the applications is db agnostic. With torque what is
> the best way to write the audit logic – should I change the do<action>
> methods to perform the audit along with the action?

IMHO one nice way is to edit the java classes Bean.java (which extends
BaseBean.java) and override the method "save" to do something before
I do that to update "modified on date" columns

Concept - shaping technology

Federico Fissore

Concept S.r.l - via F.Tamagno, 3 - 20124 - Milano
tel: +39 0229536401
fax: +39 0220402984
E-Mail Disclaimer
the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not
delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be
guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be
contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any
errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a
result of e-mail transmission.

Concept Srl, via F. Tamagno,3 - 20124 Milan - Italy - www.concept.it