db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Michael Manske <netsee...@manskes.de>
Subject Re: Cache problem after delete
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2006 19:32:46 GMT
Hi Ivan,

 > I use Torque 3.0 with Postgres and have following problem:
3.0 is a little bit out-dated, isn't it? ;-)

 > After deleting some concrete object with usual
 > ClassNamePeer.doDelete(objectToDelete), I can still see it in database when
 > querying for that objects information with plain JDBC.
That should not happen, as long as you don't use

Connection con = Transaction.begin("myDB");
ClassNamePeer.doDelete(objectToDelete, con);

and did not commit the transaction via

Transaction.commit(con);

 > I suppose that Torque has some delayed deletion mechanism
No, Torque has not such a mechanism - the record should be deleted
immediately as long as no other process holds a lock on the record or table.
Checking for locks on the table could be a good idea. We were facing
a similiar behaviour with Oracle some time ago:
While using the doDelete() and doUpdate() methods, sometimes it took long time
until Oracle told the client that it has detected a lock. Perhaps you are
facing a similiar situation with Postgres?

cheers
Michael