db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Pfiester, Jan" <jan.pfies...@ict.fraunhofer.de>
Subject AW: Problems to set up a subquery
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2006 10:54:06 GMT
Many thx!
As i've just stated, i had tried to do it by using an outer join at first too,
but i did'nt know how to eliminate the intersection of both tables in the result set...

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Thoralf Rickert [mailto:thoralf.rickert@cadooz.de]
Gesendet: Freitag, 20. Oktober 2006 12:45
An: Apache Torque Users List
Betreff: AW: Problems to set up a subquery

You have three options:

Overwrite toString and return the KundenaddressId that is set in the reference (because that
is what you want).

The other solution is to make a doSelectVillageRecords (that returns only the columns that
you have ask for with subCriteria.addSelectColumn()). The doSelectVillageRecords would return
a list of Village Record objects. But you don't have access to the toString() method, so you
have to extract the values in an extra array...

The third method is to use a join.

The third method seems to be the best, because everything else results in two select queries
(first to get Adressreferenz Ids and then to make the IN-Query).