db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Thoralf Rickert" <thoralf.rick...@cadooz.de>
Subject AW: Oracle - Null and Zero-length string problem
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 12:29:04 GMT
Just one idea - I'm not using Oracle - but what about:

  (column = '' OR column IS NULL)

In Torque

  Criteria.Criterion c1 = criteria.getNewCriterion(COLUMN, "", Criteria.EQUAL);
  Criteria.Criterion c2 = criteria.getNewCriterion(COLUMN, (Object)null, Criteria.ISNULL);
  criteria.add(c1.or(c2));

? Does this work in Oracle. In MySQL this isn't a problem.