db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Greg Monroe" <Greg.Mon...@DukeCE.com>
Subject RE: Torque plugin for Eclipse
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 13:28:24 GMT
There is not a specific Torque plug-in but since it's Maven
and Ant driven, it works fine in this environment.

There is a Maven plug-in for Eclipse that can run the
generator, see www.mevenide.codehaus.org.  FYI, Torque still
works best with Maven 1.x, 2.x support is still rudimentary.

FWIW, I use ant build files for my projects and these work
well in Eclipse.

For editing Schema files, there is a lot of Eclipse XML options
out there.  I use Eclipse with the MyEclipse addin and this
does a decent job of handling XML validation, etc.

One thing to remember is that Torque is not like a lot of other
OM layers. It requires very little "bookwork" (unlike that H..
word one 8) ) and hence IMHO no specific plugin is needed.

Duke CE Privacy Statement