db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Torque as avalon service and use of the DataSourceSelector service
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 15:39:41 GMT
Stefano Bagnara wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> we integrated Torque in Apache James trunk for our IMAP storage needs.
> James is currently Avalon based and works on Avalon.

[...]
> I see Torque need a static configuration of the class used as the
> datasource factory while using DataSourceSelector the datasource is
> obtained via dependency injection or service lookup.
>
> Maybe we should switch from Torque static usage to TorqueInstance?

This probably won't help. I changed the Torque static to use the real
TorqueInstance created during the container initialization.

I would suggest extending from the AbstractDataSourceFactory to use your
DataSourceSelector Service. You can configure the factory to use in the
Torque.properties file. This way nothing will have to be changed on the
"user"-side of Torque.

If you have any more questions,  I will be happy to assist.

Bye, Thomas.