db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Joachim Draeger ...@joachim-draeger.de>
Subject getting primary, auto-generated, key with derby and torque-3.2
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 20:49:39 GMT

Hi!

As I could figure out from different sources this doesn't work at all at
the moment. Or am I missing something?
So I had to override doInsert in the Peer class and remove
 obj.setPrimaryKey(doInsert(buildCriteria(obj))) and just use
doInsert(buildCriteria(obj)) to avoid NPEs.
I did a quick look into SVN and it look likes this has been fixed in
trunk.

What would you recommend to use derby now?
 1. use a custom build of torque that supports derby
 2. workaround by using a second table for key management
I wouldn't like random keys...

Unfortunately there are no public snapshot-builds that could be used by
other projects. But I just heard rumors you're planning torque
3.2.1. :-) I really would appreciate full derby support!

greetings,

Joachim