db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Greg Monroe" <Greg.Mon...@DukeCE.com>
Subject RE: GetConnection
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2006 15:18:26 GMT
Hmm, did some code spelunking and found that the accessTo...
parameter in dbcp only works for BasicDataSources.  Torque's
SharedPoolDataSourceFactory uses DBCP's SharedPoolDataSource
which does not support this option.  So the class of connection
object you get will be:

  org.apache.commons.dbcp.cpdsadapter.ConnectionImpl

and this doesn't allow access to the real connection.

That said, one thing to try is subclassing the PostGres JDBC
Driver class and overriding the connect method to add your
'geometries' type.  Then use this subclass in your Torque
settings.

> Johannes Hauf said:
>
> Thank you. I tried with your suggestion and I think this
> would work if the database wouldn't be Postgres.
> In the postgres-jdbc driver, the typeMap-mechanism seems not
> to be implemented yet.
>
> Has anyone another idea?
>
> John
>
> Greg Monroe wrote:
> > Can you use the standard Connection interface TypeMap support to do
> > the same thing rather than the PostGres extension?  E.g.
> >
> > Map map = conn.getTypeMap();
> > map.put("geometry", Pggeometry.class); conn.setTypeMap(map);

Duke CE Privacy Statement