db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Frank Nguyen <franktngu...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Torque connection problem
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 04:05:20 GMT
Thanks, Tim. I am still debugging the problem :(
  I am running Jarkata 3.1.1a, Torque 3.1 on Windows 2000. The irony of this problem is that
I am running 2 webapps; mine and stocktrack (sample app from Struts book) Both are connecting
to the same mysql, different databses, though. I also used the same setting for another old
app using Struts. My old app and stocktrack worked, but not the new one (error attached).
I tried to mimic as much as possible from the other 2 apps in term of config but no luck.
The only major different b/w those 2 apps and new one is that old ones, I used Struts, but
new one is just simple servlet. My %ant -f build-torque.xml sql/insert-sql/load-sql worked
fine with MySQL. So, it must be the jarkata setting. Here is what I did. Please see if I've
missed anything:

  - webapps/myproject/WEB-INF/web.xml to include a Torque init servlet, reading Torque.properties
(below) at boot time and init. I checked jarkata log file. It started. (attached)
  - webapps/myproject/WEB-INF/classes/Torque.properties (attached)
  - webapps/myproject/WEB-INF/classes/com/myproject/core/TorqueInit.class (to start at boot
time).

  But when I run my POST servlet to run a simple insert, I got the error (error file attached):
It appeared that the servlet executed but failed in Torque, getConnection. What does it mean
NoSuchMethodError org.apache.torque.Torque.getConnection? I checked WEB-INF/lib and it has
all the libs for Torque 3.1 there (I used the same set of libs in torque 3.1 gen I built for
my app. What could be the problem ? Did I miss anything to set up the jarkata server ?

  THanks,

  Error: 500
Location: /myproject/servlet/com.myproject.core.AddClub
Internal Servlet Error:
  java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.torque.Torque.getConnection(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/sql/Connection;
 at org.apache.torque.util.Transaction.beginOptional(Transaction.java:118)
 at org.apache.torque.util.Transaction.begin(Transaction.java:100)
 at com.myproject.torque.BaseClub.save(BaseClub.java:1319)
 at com.myproject.torque.BaseClub.save(BaseClub.java:1300)
 at com.myproject.core.AddClub.doPost(AddClub.java:117)
 at org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.doSTMService(ServletHandler.java:513)
 at org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.doService(ServletHandler.java:567)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.invoke(Handler.java:322)
 at org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.service(ServletHandler.java:485)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:917)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:833)
 at org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.Http10Interceptor.processConnection(Http10Interceptor.java:176)
 at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:494)
 at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:516)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

  Jim Caserta <smoothie_jc@yahoo.com> wrote:
  Frank,

I have run into a similar situation. If you are sure
you have the correct jar files, and no older versions,
make sure your classLoader policy is "Multiple" in
your server configuration. If it is set to "Single",
you can be holding onto older classes.

When I changed muine to Multipe, it corrected the
issue.

Jim

--- Frank Nguyen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a nasty connection prob b/w my app and
> MySQL and couldn'f figure out after 2 days. It
> worked with a diff app before but not the latest
> one. I have a simple servlet app trying to insert a
> row into a table. I did have a Torque init servlet
> and set it in WEB-INF/web.xml to start at boot time
> (from the tom cat log file, it appeared that it
> never started !!) but it wasn't sure if that is the
> problem. I did have WEB-INF/classes/Torque.xml setup
> correctly (cloned from a working stocktrack app from
> Struts) w/ right user name and password.
>
> Based on the following error, what else could it be
> the problem that I need to check ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>

> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:

org.apache.torque.Torque.getConnection(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/sql/Connection;
> at

org.apache.torque.util.Transaction.beginOptional(Transaction.java:118)
> at

org.apache.torque.util.Transaction.begin(Transaction.java:100)
> at

com.youcaddy.torque.BaseClub.save(BaseClub.java:1319)
> at

com.youcaddy.torque.BaseClub.save(BaseClub.java:1300)
> at
> com.youcaddy.core.AddClub.doPost(AddClub.java:102)
>
> at

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760)
> at

> at

org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.doSTMService(ServletHandler.java:513)

> at

org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.doService(ServletHandler.java:567)
> at

org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.invoke(Handler.java:322)

> at

org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java:235)