db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Jim Caserta <smoothie...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Torque connection problem
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2006 11:52:58 GMT
Frank,

I have run into a similar situation. If you are sure
you have the correct jar files, and no older versions,
make sure your classLoader policy is "Multiple" in
your server configuration. If it is set to "Single",
you can be holding onto older classes.

When I changed muine to Multipe, it corrected the
issue.

Jim

--- Frank Nguyen <franktnguyen@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   I have a nasty connection prob b/w my app and
> MySQL and couldn'f figure out after 2 days. It
> worked with a diff app before but not the latest
> one. I have a simple servlet app trying to insert a
> row into a table. I did have a Torque init servlet
> and set it in WEB-INF/web.xml to start at boot time
> (from the tom cat log file, it appeared that it
> never started !!) but it wasn't sure if that is the
> problem. I did have WEB-INF/classes/Torque.xml setup
> correctly (cloned from a working stocktrack app from
> Struts) w/ right user name and password.
>
> Based on the following error, what else could it be
> the problem that I need to check ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>

> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:

org.apache.torque.Torque.getConnection(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/sql/Connection;
>   at

org.apache.torque.util.Transaction.beginOptional(Transaction.java:118)
>   at

org.apache.torque.util.Transaction.begin(Transaction.java:100)
>   at

com.youcaddy.torque.BaseClub.save(BaseClub.java:1319)
>   at

com.youcaddy.torque.BaseClub.save(BaseClub.java:1300)
>   at
> com.youcaddy.core.AddClub.doPost(AddClub.java:102)
>
> at

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760)
>   at

>   at

org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.doSTMService(ServletHandler.java:513)

> at

org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.doService(ServletHandler.java:567)
>   at

org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.invoke(Handler.java:322)

> at

org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java:235)
>   at

org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.service(ServletHandler.java:485)
>   at

org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:917)
>   at

org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:833)
>   at

org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.Http10Interceptor.processConnection(Http10Interceptor.java:176)
>   at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:494)
>   at

org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:516)