db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Frank Nguyen <franktngu...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Torque connection problem
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2006 19:13:51 GMT
Hi,

  I have a nasty connection prob b/w my app and MySQL and couldn'f figure out after 2 days.
It worked with a diff app before but not the latest one. I have a simple servlet app trying
to insert a row into a table. I did have a Torque init servlet and set it in WEB-INF/web.xml
to start at boot time (from the tom cat log file, it appeared that it never started !!) but
it wasn't sure if that is the problem. I did have WEB-INF/classes/Torque.xml setup correctly
(cloned from a working stocktrack app from Struts) w/ right user name and password.

Based on the following error, what else could it be the problem that I need to check ?

Thanks in advance,

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.torque.Torque.getConnection(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/sql/Connection;   at
org.apache.torque.util.Transaction.beginOptional(Transaction.java:118)   at
org.apache.torque.util.Transaction.begin(Transaction.java:100)   at
com.youcaddy.torque.BaseClub.save(BaseClub.java:1319)   at
com.youcaddy.torque.BaseClub.save(BaseClub.java:1300)   at com.youcaddy.core.AddClub.doPost(AddClub.java:102)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760)   at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)   at
org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.doSTMService(ServletHandler.java:513)
at
org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.doService(ServletHandler.java:567)   at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.invoke(Handler.java:322)

at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java:235)   at
org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.service(ServletHandler.java:485)   at

org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:917)   at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:833)   at
org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.Http10Interceptor.processConnection(Http10Interceptor.java:176)
  at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:494)   at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:516)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

Frank Nguyen
(408) 836-6235 (Cell)